Christmas decorations can be very expensive, especially if you don’t buy them on sale AFTER Christmas. Adding one or two full-priced ornaments to your collection each year isn’t that expensive, but if you buy a lot or are just starting your ornament collection, the cost can add up quickly.
This is a great idea if you’re short on money, like a lot of people are right now, or if you’re just looking for a fun craft for the kids. It’s easy to create Christmas tree decorations from old Christmas cards. These may not be your ideal decorations, but the price is right and they look good.
Crafting Items Needed:
* Pinking shears (zig zag scissors)
* Christmas colored ribbons (use recycled ribbons from last Christmas)
* Hot glue gun and white glue (children should use only white glue)
* Old Christmas cards
* Cinnamon sticks
* Little jingle bells
* Any other decorations you have on hand
These are really simple to put together and you can get the kids to help you. Children love this kind of thing.
* Using the notched net curtains, cut out figures or shapes from old Christmas cards.
* Hot glue the ends of a 6″-8″ ribbon loop to the back of the card at the top. If you want to keep the ornament simple, you can call it full, on the other hand, you can take the opportunity to dress them up by adding a small cinnamon stick to the ornament. You can also dress them up with jingle bells or anything else you have around the house. Chickens need space. Chickens can be very mean to each other, especially if they don’t have room to get away from each other.
As a safety precaution, do not allow young children to use a hot glue gun, burns will occur, and burns from a hot glue gun will really hurt.